Abseiling Adventure - Gooseberry Hill
The day commences with an introduction and welcome by our friendly skilled instructors followed by a venue safety briefing, an overview of all roping equipment used on the program and fitting of personal abseiling gear.
A demonstration of abseiling techniques followed by a short practical session using these skills on level ground helps to reinforce these techniques. A final briefing on safe roping practices and now it's off to do the first descent, about 15 metres high on the introductory face.
Safety is the highest priority, ensured with qualified instructors, well-maintained equipment and a participant ratio of 1:8.
It's nearly all downhill from here (except for the walk back up between descents). As confidences and skills develop under the encouraging direction of the instructors, the group moves on to vertical, over hanging and higher rock faces. Our aim is to help everyone develop the confidence to tackle the main face (approximately 50 metres) by the end of the day. Those of you seeking a further challenge may wish to attempt the exhilaration of a forward run downs, (abseiling face first down the cliff).
What makes this abseiling day different is the bonus of another roping activity, rock climbing up to 18 metres.
We will provide:
* Experienced instructors
* All necessary abseiling and safety equipment
* First Aid kits (1 per instructor)
*$10 million Public Liability Insurance
* Access Fees
* Morning Tea
We suggest you bring:
* Packed lunch, snacks and water
* Day pack for personal gear
* Hat, sunscreen and insect repellent
* Rubber band to tie back long hair
* Clothing should be comfortable and appropriate for current weather conditions. Please note that the torso needs to be fully covered with a top that can be tucked securely into trousers
* Comfortable footwear (runners or boots)
* Rain jacket, thigh to knee length
* A retainer strap for all glasses and sunglasses.