Abseiling Bluff Knoll - Mount Barker
Bluff Knoll - a massive 250 meters gives simply the ultimate abseiling experience! This is where WA abseiling culminates, with a 250m multi-pitch descent. Imagine two days in the south west of WA participating in a challenging activity that's totally different to the normal abseiling experience!
Bluff knoll overlooks the Stirling Ranges and surrounding farmland, affording magnificent views in all directions.
We depart from Perth on Friday afternoon at 5:30pm. On Saturday, we abseiling Castle Rock in the Porongurups. We introduce all the techniques and safety skills necessary for multi-pitch descents. On Sunday, you'll abseil the north west side of Bluff Knoll (250m), finishing approx 3.00pm. We then return you to Perth by approx 9.00pm.
This package includes:
* Transport from Perth and return
* All safety and specialised equipment (helmet, harness, ropes and abseiling hardware)
* Comprehensive first aid kits
* Meals from breakfast on Saturday to lunch on Sunday
* Public Liability Insurance ($10 million)
We suggest you bring:
* Sleeping bag
* Warm clothing -whatever you bring must have insulating qualities when wet. Thermal underwear, fleece or wool is best. (Two or three thin layers rather than one thick one.)
* Loose-fitting long pants, definitely not jeans
* Peak cap and beanie (conditions can vary enormously)
* Shell garments - a good rain jacket is essential - proofed nylon, dry Japara or Goretex, and over pants if you have them
* Sunglasses, sunscreen
* Day pack - you will need to carry spare clothing, food, water, personal and some group abseiling equipment
* 2 litre water bottle
* Camera - a must!
* Footwear - well broken-in boots or runners in good condition
* Rubber band to tie back long hair
* Should you depend on glasses or contact lenses for comfort and survival, we strongly recommend bringing a second pair. We also recommend using a retainer strap for all glasses and sunglasses.